Nov. 17, 2023
We had a great week with our Black Bears. We are talking about taking care of each other and our school. Please review WITS at home. It works in every situation to solve problems.
T-talk it out
Next week we have early dismissal on Thursday. Home time is at 11:40 and buses will run at this time. All of our teachers have reached out to let families know about touching base for informal and shared learning times. Friday is no school for Professional Development Day. Our last two handball games for our Grade 5s are on Wednesday.
- We are celebrating culture and diversity at Poirier. To help us to create our bulletin board: ‘We have friends from all over the world!’, please email us to let us know which country your family is from ( For example, Canada, Costa Rica, Barbados, South Africa, Ukraine, India, Philippines) or if your family is Indigenous what Nation (eg. Pacheedaht, Metis, T’sou-ke, etc). Thank you so much for helping us to create this visual reminder that we are beautifully diverse, international, and multicultural.
- Traffic Advisory:Church Road will be CLOSED from Wadams Way to Throup Road from approximately 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, November 24.
- To improve sightlines, ensure emergency vehicle access and for the safety of our students, no stopping is now in place at the Arranwood bulb. While a change, we hope that the loss of a few previous parking spaces to better ensure our children’s safety will be welcomed. We have spoken with District of Sooke representatives. Bylaw will be monitoring the area and taking an education-first approach before enforcement begins. Thanks for your assistance in helping students travel to and from school safely.
Information from PAC
Friendly Reminder: Our November Hot Lunch from Dad’s Soup and Sangys is just around the corner on Wednesday, November 22. We hope you’ve already placed your orders as the deadline for ordering has passed. Thank you to all who participated, and we look forward to sharing this delicious meal with our school community!
Purdys chocolate is ready to order. Help support the PAC and order yours today! Customer # 44564 **Deadline for orders is December 2nd with pick up from the school December 14th **
Please use the link below: Purdy’sFundraising
Attached to the Weekly
- Sooke Harbour Players -Robin Hood Production Information
- Don’t miss the Breakfast with Santa hosted by the Sooke Lions on Dec. 2nd. Information is attached.
- Sooke Firefighters Food Donation Santa Run in December 9th *information and map
Dates to Note
Nov. 21, Tuesday Photo Retakes
Nov 22, Wednesday Hot lunch day from Dad’s Soup and Sangys
Nov 23, Thursday Early Dismissal; Student pick up at 11:40
Nov 24, Friday No School for a Teacher and CUPE Pro D Day
Dec. 4, Monday PAC meeting 6pm MS Teams
Dec. 11, Monday Whole School Presentation- Michael Bortolotto
Dec. 15, Friday PAC Smencil sales
Dec. 22, Friday Last Day Before Winter Break
Our trails are beautiful right now; trees are losing their leaves and the weather is crisp. The Galloping Goose is beautiful for a family walk or bike ride.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Tess Vally and Grania BridalRobin Hood