November 18, 2022
Dear Our Black Bear Families,
We are ending a wonderful week with some beautiful time in the sunshine and a wonderful performance today ‘Visions of Turtle Island’. Again, thank you to PAC for helping support this cultural performance. Next week Tuesday is a busy day: there are photo retakes and PAC hot lunch; Ms. Zinkowski’s and Mr. Karleen’s classes are headed to Charter’s Creek to learn about salmon and Mme Ralph-Burce’s class is decorating a tree at SeaParc. Smencils will be for sale for $2. as well. On Wednesday Mme Belchos’ and Mme Banman’s classes, and Mme Ralph-Bruce’s and Mme Pyper’s classes will be heading to Charter’s Creek. Thursday is an early dismissal day at 11:40. Buses run at this time as well. Teacher have reached out with their schedules and plans for visiting and meeting with each other. Friday is not school for a Professional Development Day. Phew!
- Thank you, PAC for the beautiful book marks made from our winning designs. Every Black Bear received one! Thank you very much.
- Mark you Calendars for our Winter Concerts! Details attached if you need to look at dates and times for your child.
- The Peer Helpers at our school are collecting items for the Holiday Shoebox Project until December 1st. he Shoebox Project provides women who are experiencing homelessness or who are fleeing domestic violence with a giftbox of self-care items that can help them feel cared for during a time of great turmoil in their life. Poirier students and families are invited to send in items such as special soaps, shampoos/conditioners, lotions, deodorants, beauty products, chocolates, journals, fuzzy socks or any similar items for the Peer Helpers to collect and arrange into holiday gift boxes. Empty shoeboxes in good condition are also welcome. Thank-you for your support for this important community project and please know there is absolutely no pressure we will just have bins to collect donations if you are able. For more details, please explore The Holiday Shoebox website: https://www.shoeboxproject.ca/home Thank you for helping and thank you to our Peer Helpers for their support and enthusiasm.
Sooke Harbour Players is presenting:
Camelot: The Pantomime – at EMCS
November 25th to 27th and December 2nd to 4th
Friday and Saturday shows start at 7:15pm and Sunday Matinees are at 2pm.
This is a family friendly performance with lots of music and laughter. Fun for the whole family!
Attached to the Weekly:
- Lions’ Breakfast with Santa on Dec 3rd
- For a snow pass for Grade 4 and 5 students please click on this link Home – Grade 4 & 5 SnowPass
- School District 62 Job Fair at EMCS on Tuesday, November 22nd
- Winter Concert Dates and Times
Dates to Note:
Nov. 22, Tuesday Photo Retakes
Nov. 22 and 24th Smencil Sales $2.00
Nov. 24th Early Dismissal, 11:40, and Show Your Learning Afternoon
Nov. 25, Friday Professional Development Day -no school
Nov. 30, Wednesday 1/2 school winter concert 1:15 and 6:30
Dec. 1, Thursday 1/2 school winter concert 1:15 and 6:30
Dec. 5, Monday PAC Meeting 6pm Online
Dec. 16, Friday Last day of school before winter break
Jan. 3, Tuesday School starts for 2023!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Tess Vally and Grania Bridal