LIFE THREATENING ALLERGY NOTICE
Please be aware, there are staff and students in our school who have life-threatening allergies (anaphylaxis) to different allergens. It is expected that school staff, parents, and students will take reasonable and practical steps to establish an “allergy aware” environment which minimizes the risk of potential anaphylaxis. In some classrooms, letters have gone home to inform you of a particular life threatening allergy in that classroom. If this is your child’s classroom, please support our efforts to make it as safe as possible for the student with life-threatening allergies. We respectfully request that you use caution and avoid sending any food containing the allergen.
What happened this week:
- Kindergarten registration for the 2018-19 school year started the week off with a rush! If you or someone you know has registered online but hasn’t uploaded or brought in the proof of age and proof of residency, please do so as soon as possible.
- A good time was had by all during Literacy Week! Students collected stickers for their “Poem in their Pocket”, enjoyed several stations and contests, and finally ended with an assembly Wednesday. Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Gulman of the Sooke Legion for joining us to present the winners of the Remembrance Day Poster Contest with their awards! And congratulations to the winners of the book draws! Thank you to the staff for organizing such a fun week!
What’s happening next week:
- The Scholastic Book Fair opens in the gym on Tuesday. Thank you to all the parents who make this event possible! The fair will be open for sales Tuesday through Friday (students will be allowed in on Monday for class by class tours), during lunch (12:05pm-1pm) and after school (2:30pm-3:30pm). Smencils will also be back by popular demand, starting Monday at lunch time!
- Divisions 1 and 3 are off to the Victoria Film Festival and Legislative Tour on Monday, and the whole school will enjoy a pancake breakfast. If your student has any dietary concerns or restrictions please speak with their teacher and let them know how best we can support them.
- And finally, Friday Division 14 and 16 will be off to the Sooke Fire Hall and Municipal Hall, and then we will be visited by the Tzinquaw Dancers in the afternoon.
A look ahead:
Monday, February 5th – Division 1 & 3 have a field trip to the Victoria Film Festival and Legislative tour
Wednesday, February 7th – Ready, Set, Learn in the Poirier Gym 5 – 7pm
Thursday, February 8th – Pancake Breakfast for the whole school
Friday, February 9th – Divisions 14 and 16 have a field trip, and the Tzinquaw dancers presentation
Monday, February 12th – Schools are closed for Family Day
Wednesday, February 14th – Valentine’s Day, our kindergarten students have their hearing and screening, and Divisions 1 and 15 are skating in the afternoon.
Tuesday, February 20th – PAC Meeting at 7pm in the Music Room
Wednesday, February 21st – Divisions 1 and 11 go skating
Friday, February 23rd – Schools are closed for a Non-Instructional Day
Wednesday, February 28th – Pink Shirt Day. Help us support kindness!